Artificial Insemination has become extremely common in the English bulldog breed for a variety of reasons. English bulldogs commonly suffer from an inability to cool themselves through panting enough to breed on their own. Because a long mating process could be dangerous both, the male and the female, artificial insemination is usually the safest bet for this breed.
Artificial insemination has been used for a variety of animals for years- the most notable being horses. Because of artificial insemination, dog owners can now choose an appropriate stud, even when the stud is located a long distance away. This process has given breeders a great advantage that was previously unavailable.
Semen is collected from one of our English Bulldog studs and an extender is added to help maintain the health of the sperm. A semen analysis will be provided by our vet before we ship the semen to you. We will then package the sample and ship it to your vet by UPS.
What We Need from You
Using cooled semen from one of our English bulldog studs is not much different than using fresh semen except that it requires a little more planning.
- We’ll need your information to complete the appropriate registration forms. We’ll also need a photo of your AKC registered English bulldog female and a copy of her pedigree for our records. We will not provide semen from one of our English bulldog studs to females that do not meet the AKC standard and we will not provide semen to anyone who wants to breed a female that is younger than 18 months.
- We suggest that you have progesterone and LH testing done on your female so that your vet can choose the best day to inseminate your female. It’s also a great idea to perform these tests on each heat that she comes into so that your vet can be familiar with her heat cycle.
- We’ll also need to know when you’ll need the semen. We will have to ship this UPS so will need to know BEFORE you need the semen. To overnight the semen, we will have to know by noon the day before. The price of overnighting the sample is included in the price.
- Contact name, shipping address, and phone of to the vet that will perform the insemination. WE ONLY SHIP TO VETS.
Checking the sample:
- A motility analysis of the semen sample should always be performed beore insemination.
- Testing should always be performed on samples warmed to 37°C (chilled sperm will appear to be sluggish until warmed).
- If, for ANY reason, your veterinarian does not approve of the sample quality, do not inseminate the female and contact us immediately.
- We will not honor our stud contract IF the female was inseminated after the vet deemed the semen sample as unfit.